I am in love with this gluten free meatloaf! I made this for dinner and even my (gluten eating) hubby said it was really good. A great tip is to use a muffin pan to bake your meatloaf in. It really keeps the portions under control and it also cooks in less than a 1/3 of the time!
I used Way Better Snacks because I wanted to find a healthier alternative to traditional bread crumbs or crackers. I like that I am able to add sprouted grains to my traditional meatloaf, while making it gluten free at the same time. The crushed chips add a nice texture to the meatloaf and by choosing a lean meat like Bison or Turkey you really are removing the majority of the fat from this dish! This Gluten Free Meatloaf is so good! My husband loved it and he is a meatloaf fanatic!
Use plastic gloves when you prepare your meatloaf - It really cuts down on the clean up!
Other Meatloaf Recipes:
Gluten Free Meatloaf ala Stockpiling Moms
This Gluten Free Meatloaf is so good! My husband loved it and he is a meatloaf fanatic!
- 1 lb. ground chuck bison, or ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup crushed way better snacks or any gluten free cracker
- 1/2 cup ketchup or Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- optional - additional ketchup or Chili Sauce for top
- Mix all ingredients and place in a lightly greased loaf pan or in Muffin Cups (see post for this method).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until thoroughly done.
- I enjoy adding extra ketchup or chili sauce to the top of the meatloaf after it is done.
If you are new or just catching up here are our most popular posts: