Homemade Chicken and Dumplings is my favorite comfort food of all time! My whole family loves this dish and I make sure to include it on our monthly menu every month. I will warn you that this recipe takes a few hours to make, but once you take your first bite you will realize it was worth it!
The homemade dumplings really make this recipe out of this world. They are so easy to make, so do not fret and think you can not do it. With a few ingredients you can whip up the dumplings and then spoon into the pot. It really is that simple! Next time you have a craving for some Homemade Chicken and Dumplings be sure to try this recipe!
Homemade Chicken and Dumplings are my favorite comfort food of all time!
Homemade Chicken and Dumplings
- 1 whole chicken cut up or 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ribs celery sliced
- 4 whole carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 can 14, oz, chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoon chicken bullion
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Dumpling Ingredients
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 tablespoon oil
- Combine chicken, celery, carrots, onion, chicken broth, parsley, chicken bullion, salt and pepper in a large pot.
- Add enough water to cover chicken.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken and let cool.
- Remove skin from chicken and tear meat from bones.
- Return meat to soup; return to simmer.
- In mixing bowl combine dumpling ingredients:flour, baking powder, salt, milk and oil; mix well to stiff dough.
- Drop by tablespoons into simmering soup, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
3 Ingredient Cookie and Treat Recipes
COCOA MARSHMALLOW TREATS - Cocoa Marshmallow Treats are such a fun and an inventive way to make a kid friendly dessert!
Mallow Treat Bars - This is a great kid-friendly recipe that kids of all ages can assist in making.
Gluten Free Crispy Cocoa Rice Treats - This Gluten Free Crispy Cocoa Rice Treats recipe is amazing and so easy to prepare! They taste so good that you can't tell they are gluten free.
FROZEN GRAHAM CRACKER TREATS - These Frozen Graham Cracker Treats are perfect for summer. I made these easy dessert treats in less than ten minutes.
MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT S'MORES - Too cold for S'mores? Think again! Check out this easy and delicious recipe for Microwave Chocolate Hazelnut S'Mores!
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.