Nothing beats the taste of chocolate when you are craving something sweet! When you are watching what you eat and trying to lose weight, quality treats are hard to find. These Low Fat Dark Chocolate Cookies are a great treat at only 1 Weight Watchers Point per cookie. These cookies are easy to work into your daily plan while staying in balance and satisfying that need for a nice rich chocolate.
These quick and easy cookies are the perfect snack or dessert for anyone working hard to stay within their point range but also wanting to satisfy that need for a sweet chocolate snack. For an added point, you can easily mix in pecan or peanut bits for extra texture and crunch in this small treat. Don’t overeat again because you didn't feed your chocolate craving. Keep these low fat dark chocolate cookies sealed in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. You can also put them in the freezer for up to 3 months for quick grab and go snacks.
Low Fat Dark Chocolate Cookies
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ¼ Cup Splenda Sugar Substitute
- 1 oz. Dark Chocolate
- ¼ Cup Nonfat Milk
- 1 large Egg White
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder and Splenda until well mixed and no lumps remain.
- In a small bowl melt dark chocolate in microwave on medium heat in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Add milk, egg white and applesauce to dry mixture until mostly moistened.
- Mix in melted dark chocolate and stir until dough begins to form.
- Roll dough into 1” balls.
- Drop cookie balls into powdered sugar and roll until coated lightly. Place 1-2” apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set.