Nothing screams Thanksgiving and Christmas quite like a good old fashioned Pumpkin Pie but when that pie is laden with sugar and calories it definitely becomes a hindrance to your diet and weight maintenance plans. This substitute Low Fat Pumpkin Pie is a fun no bake low sugar twist on the traditional pie full of flavor and low in calories and at only a little under 3 Weight Watchers Points per serving. It can easily be added into your holiday meal planning without fear of breaking the bank on calories and points. Enjoy this simple pie year round as a delicious and fun treat.
Be sure to use your own Pumpkin Puree or purchase it (not not use pumpkin pie filling/mix).
- 1 Reduced Fat Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 1 Cup 100% Pumpkin Puree not pumpkin pie filling/mix
- 2 Cups Non Fat Whipped Topping thawed
- 1 Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding Mix dry mix only
- 1, 8 oz Package Fat Free Cream Cheese softened
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- In a large bowl mix together pumpkin puree and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in vanilla pudding mix and pumpkin pie spice.
- Fold in thawed whipped topping until well blended.
- Pour into reduced fat graham cracker crust and chill for 1 hour before serving.
- You may serve with an additional dollop of whipped topping if desired.
- Makes 8 servings at a little less than 3 Weight Watchers Points Each.
This recipe makes 8 servings at a little less than 3 Weight Watchers Points per serving.
Although it is different from what you typically think of in reference to pumpkin pie it brings all the richness and creaminess you crave with that hint of pumpkin pie spice that is mellow and delicious. A great way to save money is making your own Pumpkin Pie Spice. Not only does it take only minutes to prepare but it saves you countless calories. This is sure to become a favorite at all of your holiday parties.
Another variation can be to simply use vanilla wafers, graham crackers or graham cracker crumbs and additional whipped topping to layer in a pretty bowl or glass and create a pumpkin trifle with this filling. Be sure to account for serving size and differences in crust when accounting for points.
Did you know that you can freeze cream cheese? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Cream Cheese to find out how!