Mt. Dew Cake is so simple to make, and its taste is out of this world! My hubby could not stop eating this cake and was raving about it. He even went to work and told his coworkers about it and now eager they to make it!
The ingredients are simple, and I had most of them in my pantry or kitchen. My boys especially loved this dessert because I don't let them drink soda. They thought it was an awesome treat! It is so moist and delicious, the perfect desert for a special occasion.
Mt Dew Cake is so moist and delicious! Seriously there is nothing better than this cake that you actually make with Mt. Dew!
Mt. Dew Cake
- 1 box Lemon Cake
- 1 12 oz can Mountain Dew
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon Mountain Dew
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray bundt pan with cooking spray.
- With your mixer combine the cake mix, the Mountain Dew, the eggs and the vegetable oil.
- Mix on low for 30 seconds and then turn speed up to medium and continue mixing for 2 minutes.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pan and bake 45 minutes, until cake is set and toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- When cake is cooled prepare glaze.
- For glaze, Mix 3 cups powdered sugar and ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon Mountain Dew together in a medium bowl.
- Stir until there are no more lumps.
- With cake on wire cooling rack, place a piece of wax paper underneath, so when you pour the glaze over the cake you catch the excess.
- Pour glaze on top of cake allowing to coat the sides of the cake.
- Serve when glaze has set.
Check out these other Dessert recipes:
If you are new or just catching up here are our most popular posts:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.