This post may contain affiliate links.
Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes are my family’s favorite! You will love how easy this recipe is to prepare with the combination of Bacon, Cheese, and Potatoes. It is a keeper!
Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes are hands down the most requested recipe that I make. Using the foil and precooking your bacon are two keys to the success of this recipe. I have updated this recipe several times with tricks and tips and so by reading some of the comments below NOW you will find this recipe works really well. We love to use our programmable crockpot for this recipe.
My family loves potatoes and since I found out I have Celiac Disease I use them as a staple in our house. I love Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes because this recipe is so easy to prepare and no one realizes it. This recipe is naturally Gluten Free (just be sure your ingredients are). I personally use hormel bacon (Natural).
Use this tip on cooking your bacon in the oven to keep it crispy.
Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes
- 1/4 pound bacon diced - I bake it first in the oven so that it is "done" and browned then I dice it and place in the crock pot.
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 6 - 8 red potatoes quartered (thinly sliced if using regular potatoes or if you use a new potato then halve)
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese thinly sliced (shredded is fine)
- salt and pepper
- Green Onions optional
- Line crockpot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished - this will help to not stick and to steam the potatoes.
- Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crockpot. Season to taste with salt and pepper and dot with (real) butter.
- Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter.
- Cover with remaining foil.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Do not use as much onion if using green onions. I only used a 1/2 an onion.