Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning. My family loves breakfast casserole and I always make it when our family comes in town to visit. I love how EASY this recipe is! Trust me you will be happy you did!
This breakfast crockpot casserole recipe is super easy to make and you can wake up to a delicious breakfast that is ready to serve right away! I used a 6 quart crockpot and a slow cooker liner for this recipe to make cleanup easy. I love how easy it is to prepare and really helps to free up an oven for holiday’s.
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”IviE35bt” upload-date=”2018-07-24T20:19:58.000Z” name=”Crockpot Breakfast Casserole Recipe ” description=”Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is a popular recipe on our blog! So easy to make and you wake up to this delicious casserole!”]
If you want to make this in the oven I am sure using a 9×13 you could bake at 350 for an hour. I haven’t tried that though because I like using my crockpot and keeping my oven free.
All you need to do is pour the coffee and orange juice and get out the plates and silverware. The kids loved this breakfast just as much as the adults! Based on your crock pot you may want to start watching this at 7 hours to be sure it doesn’t get overdone. I find that one of my crock pots heats a little “hotter” than another one. You could also substitute any meat or make this a vegetarian option if you want!
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
This breakfast casserole is perfect for holidays or on the weekend.
- 1 dozen eggs (large)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package 32 oz. frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb sausage browned and drained or 1lb of bacon, cooked and crumbled (or use both)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese or colby jack - shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup green onions - diced, optional
- 1 whole green pepper - diced, optional
- Spray your crockpot with no stick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner and spray it.
- Layer frozen potatoes, bacon or sausage, onions (if using), green pepper (if using) and 1 cup shredded cheese in the crock pot in two or three layers.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese over the top evenly.
- Beat the eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt and pepper together.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cheese evenly in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until eggs are set and thoroughly cooked, start this at midnight and wake up to a delicious breakfast!
- Serve and enjoy!
I used a crockpot liner sprayed with non-stick cooking spray for easy clean-up. The casserole may burn along the edges a little bit so watch your time the last hour.