Would you spend a trillion dollars for a single cookie bar? After you try this recipe you might! The best way to describe Trillion Dollar Bars is the taste of Twix bars, plus homemade magic, plus heaven all tied into one. Good luck just taking a bite, you are going to want to devour a whole pan of these things.
Oh, and did I mention even the most amateur baker can whip these up in no time using items you probably already have in your kitchen? True story. Now take a peek below and see how you can be the talk of the town at the next holiday party when you show up with Trillion Dollar Bars in tow. We call them Homemade Twix Bars because my son loves Twix Candy Bars. This is as close to perfection as it comes.
Trillion Dollar Bars
The best way to describe Trillion Dollar Bars is the taste of Twix bars, plus homemade magic, plus heaven all tied into one.
- 2 sticks butter soft
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of caramel candies unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- First, you are going to create the cookie layer of this bar. This is probably the most time consuming part but so easy.
- Preheat your oven to 300°F and grease a 9 by 13 baking pan.
- Beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla. Once these items are well blended, add the flour.
- Press the dough evenly into your pan. It will be a little sticky, but this should not be a concern. Just add a dash of flour if this bothers you.
- Once your dough is in the pan, take a fork and press it all over the dough. This way air can escape and the finished product won’t be all bubbly.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden and lovely. When the cookie layer is done, set it aside to cool.
- Now, it is time to start the caramel layer. Oh yum!
- Pour the caramel candies and cream into a sauce pan. Use VERY low heat, the lowest possibly setting in fact, and continue to stir the two items until they are blended well.
- Pour the mixture over the cookie crust. Place the entire pan into the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until hardened.
- Last but not least, you will now whip up the chocolate layer.
- Melt the milk chocolate chips in a double boiler or very low heat.
- Stir it briskly as it heats to prevent any burning.
- Remove the chocolate sauce from the heat and pour it over the caramel layer. Return the baking dish to the refrigerator to set for another 30 minutes. Be patient just for a little while longer, your reward is soon to come!
- Remove the pan and you can now cut the layers into bars. Cut them into whatever size you wish, however we opted for thin sugar wafer size bars. You can now enjoy these Trillion Dollar Bars as is, or for more gooey goodness, you can dip the bars in chocolate sauce for an extra Twix like coating. We were unable to be that patient and decided to devour these as is. That was not a regret.
- So gather the supplies to mix up your own Trillion Dollar Bars. It is one sweet treat you won’t be able to wait to eat!
If you are new or just catching up here are our most popular posts: