This Homemade Nutella Recipe is simple to make and costs so much less than buying it at the store! I couldn't believe how amazing this recipe turned out. The taste is super delicious. My boys love for me to make cookies with it and put it on their toast. When making this recipe the aroma from toasting the nuts will fill your house and make it smell wonderful!
Be sure to give this copycat recipe a try! It is a great way to save money from your grocery budget.
- 2 cups 8 ounces blanched hazelnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the hazelnuts out on a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until dark brown about, 12 to 15 minutes (Watch them because they can burn easily).
- Transfer the hazelnuts to food processor or blender.
- Process the hazelnuts in a food processor until their oil is released and they form a smooth, loose paste, about 5 minutes, scraping down the bowl often.
- Add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, hazelnut or coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt and process until fully incorporated, scraping the bowl as needed; takes about 3-5 minutes.
- The mixture will start to resemble the consistency of peanut butter.
- Transfer the spread to a jar or container with an airtight lid.
- Store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Be sure to check out these other amazing recipes:
3 Ingredient Breakfast Recipes
CHOCOLATE CHIP CREAM CHEESE ROLLS - We love to make these rolls for dessert on the weekends. **Hint – Make two Batches!
CINNAMON SUGAR BISCUITS - I love giving my canned biscuits a little makeover with some cinnamon sugar and ending up with Cinnamon Sugar Biscuits.
Banana Chocolate Chip Waffles - These are such so delicious! My family loves having waffles for breakfast or dinner, or as we like to call it "brinner"
Freezer Cooking Sausage Biscuits - This recipe is a game changer. Our reader prepared these on Sunday for her family to use the whole week. It is a great idea and a real time saver!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!