Strawberry Pretzel Salad is the perfect addition to any holiday meal easy to make and always a crowd pleaser. This is great for the summer, cook outs and picnics!
I think it is perfect for the 4th of July or Memorial Day too! You could add blueberries easily! When Strawberries go on sale this is a must prepare dish for me! It can also be adapted to a gluten free version.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad:
Did you know that you can freeze cream cheese? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Cream Cheese to find out how! This is a great tip for this recipe.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad is the perfect combination of sweet and salty. I like to serve this at Christmas too. It is a festive dish for holiday's. Everyone loves it so that is always a win.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Cream Layer
- 1 package 8 ounce, cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 container 8 ounce, frozen whipped topping, thawed (or make your own)
- Strawberry Layer
- 2 packages 3 oz, strawberry flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages 10 oz, frozen strawberries or 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons sugar; mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust. Be sure to spread it to the edges to seal off the crust.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in still frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly. If making with fresh strawberries, don’t add strawberries to jello until the jello is just starting to jell.
- When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until set.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.