Strawberry Pretzel Salad is the perfect addition to any holiday meal. I love the combination of the sweet and salty and anytime I can add fruit to our dessert it is a win/win.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad is great for the summer, cook outs and picnics! I think it is perfect for the 4th of July or Memorial Day cookouts too! You could add blueberries easily! When Strawberries go on sale this is a must prepare dish for me! It can also be adapted to a gluten free version.
Did you know that you can freeze cream cheese? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Cream Cheese to find out how! This is a great tip to use for this recipe.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- Cream Layer
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 8 ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Strawberry Layer
- 2 3 oz packages strawberry flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 10 oz packages frozen strawberries or 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons sugar; mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust. Be sure to spread it to the edges to seal off the crust.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in still frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly. When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until set.
If you like this recipe you may also like:
- DIY Twix Bars
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes
- Sour Cream & Bacon Crockpot Chicken
- Weight Watchers Peanut Butter/Cool Whip Treat
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.