This Weight Watchers Instant Pot Cheesy Penne with Meatballs is a great family-friendly meal that is ready in minutes! I love being able to make an all in one pasta dish like this in under half an hour. Using turkey meatballs makes this a perfect addition to the meal plan that fits into my Weight Watchers diet plan!
Weight Watchers Instant Pot Cheesy Penne with Meatballs
I use low-fat cheeses and a regular jar of pasta sauce to make this easy. You can definitely add in extra vegetables if you want, but I stick with the classics for our family. The points value listed shows points for Trader Joe's frozen turkey meatballs. You may want to verify the points depending on the meatballs you use.
I use the Instant Pot Duo60 10-in-1 6 quart option for our family since it is large enough for big meals. If you are new to using your instant pot check out this post on how to set up your instant pot.
Instant Pot Cheesy Penne with Meatballs
- 1 12 oz. box Oven Ready Penne
- 1 24 oz. jar No Sugar Added Pasta Sauce
- 24 whole frozen turkey meatballs
- 1/2 cup low-fat part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Combine all ingredients in your Instant Pot liner.
- Stir to combine well.
- Place lid on your Instant Pot and set to seal.
- Set for manual high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed, quick release pressure (use gloves for safety).
- Stir and serve.
Makes 8 1 1/2 cup servings
10 SmartPoints per serving on Weight Watchers FreeStyle
As you can see, this recipe is an easy option that can be ready in just a few minutes. This comes out with al dente pasta, but if you like a little softer pasta, you may want to allow the recipe to cook an additional 2 minutes.