We love Polish Sausage Casserole! This one dish meal is so easy to prepare. This dish is ready to eat in less than 30 minutes! My husband loves the combination of polish sausage, mashed potatoes and sauerkraut. I love the ease of making this recipe into a casserole and then of course with the cheese on top you can’t go wrong! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Polish Sausage Casserole
- 1 package of Johnsonville Polish Sausage (2 sleeves)
- 1 package of prepared mashed potatoes (or make your own)
- 1 package of sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 TBSP butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sauté chopped onions in butter.
- Add sliced polish sausage to brown/heat thoroughly.
- Heat mashed potatoes in microwave following directions or make your own (see directions).
- After heated stir in 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a skillet heat sauerkraut. After heated drain any liquid.
- Line the bottom of a shallow casserole dish with sauerkraut. Add layer of sausage/onion mixture.
- Cover with mashed potato mixture.
- Top with leftover shredded cheddar cheese and place into a 350 degree oven until the cheese melts.
My husband loves Polish Sausage. This is a fast meal for a busy weeknight that feeds the entire family.