This Gluten Free German Chocolate Cake recipe is out of this world delicious! So good you will not believe it’s both gluten free and dairy free! A wonderful pound cake topped with a yummy, gooey frosting. This dessert is perfect for special occasions, holidays or any occasion 🙂
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Gluten Free German Chocolate Cake
So good you will not believe it's both gluten and dairy free! A wonderful pound cake topped with a yummy, gooey frosting.
- The Cake -
- 1 cup vegetable shortening or coconut oil
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet gluten-free, vegan chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup rice milk
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- For Frosting -
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup canned light coconut milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening or coconut oil
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- For Cake -
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease a round tube pan and set aside.
- Stir chocolate morsels into 1/4 cup water in small saucepan over low heat until melted; cool.
- Cream shortening (or coconut oil) and sugar together. Add eggs, one at a time, creaming well after each.
- Add melted chocolate. Add flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt.
- Add alternately with rice milk to creamed mixture until well blended. Add vanilla extract.
- Pour into round tube pan and bake for 1 hour, 15 minutes. Cool well and then frost with coconut-pecan frosting (recipe above).
- For Frosting -
- In medium saucepan, slightly beat egg.
- Stir in light coconut milk, sugar, and shortening (or coconut oil). Cook and stir over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; stir in flaked coconut and pecans.
- Cover and cool thoroughly before using to frost cake.