This strawberry cheesecake combines a pretzel dough crust with fresh strawberries, cheesecake filling and drizzled chocolate. It’s a very refreshing, seasonal treat. I think if you added blueberries it would be perfect for Memorial Day or July 4th!
Did you know that you can freeze cream cheese? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Cream Cheese to find out how!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- Auntie Anne’s Baking Kit
- 2- 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1-13.5 oz. container strawberry glaze
- Prepare pretzel dough according to package directions (Dough Preparation). For the filling, blend softened cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth. Preheat oven to 325°F. Roll out the dough into a 16” round and lay over round pan. Cut the extra dough that hangs over the pan and roll into a rope form. Dissolve baking soda (from the kit) in 4 cups very hot tap water and stir. Dip the ropes into baking soda bath and then place around the edge of the dessert pizza as a crust. Sprinkle with pretzel salt (from the kit). Add filling onto pizza. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Baste crust with melted butter. Let cool for 10 minutes then place sliced strawberries around the pizza starting along the crust and work inward. Spread strawberry glaze over top. For the chocolate drizzle, melt chocolate chips. Dip a basting brush in the melted chocolate and fan over the cooled pizza. Chill for 1 hour before slicing and serving.
Recipes You May Enjoy: