Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Chicken Enchiladas
Recipe type: Entree
Finally - enchiladas I can enjoy without severe stomach pain!
- 2 cups Daiya mozzarella cheese
- 1 4-oz. can sliced green chiles
- 12 oz. jar of salsa verde
- 2½ cups Coconut Cream
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 10-12 corn or gluten-free flour tortillas
- Cook the chicken first: place trimmed chicken breasts on oiled cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Cut into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Cool oven down to 350 degrees.
- Mix salsa verde and chiles with chicken pieces in a large bowl.
- Grease a glass baking dish (approximately 9x13 inches).
- Spread several spoonfuls of chicken mixture and small handful of cheese in each tortilla. Roll them up and place next to one another in baking dish.
- Pour coconut cream all over top of rolled tortillas. Sprinkle any remaining cheese and additional green chiles (if you like) on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
This recipe was inspired by two separate enchilada recipes in a church cookbook that I own.
Other Gluten Free Recipes You May Enjoy:
Baked “Fried” Squash
Gluten Free and Dairy Free German Chocolate Cake
Gluten Free Cheese Grits
Gluten-Free Flour Mix Recipe
Gluten-Free Fried Chicken
Gluten-Free Homemade “Larabars”