Chicken – N – Rice is the perfect recipe for chilly nights. I love to make this for family gatherings or when we have company over. It is a crowd pleaser for sure. It is also frugal which helps with the budget when you are serving a larger crowd. Rice is a great staple for stretching the budget.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it.
Chicken - N - Rice
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups water
- 1 can chicken broth
- 3 t pepper
- 1 t salt
- 1 stick butter
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Bring water and can of chicken broth to boil.
- Add chicken and reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken and let cool.
- Retain 2 cups of the broth and discard the rest.
- Cook your rice while chicken is cooling.
- Make sure to drain rice.
- Once chicken is cool enough, shred with forks.
- Add shredded chicken to rice.
- Add butter, pepper, salt and 1 cup of the broth you saved.
- Mix together until creamy.
- If needed add the other cup of broth.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:
Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.