Beef Stew is such a comfort food to my family. I love the aroma of the house when this is simmering on the stove top. I do feel with this recipe that you need patience when cooking because this recipe takes awhile but it is worth it in the end! My boys like it when I make Sugar Cornbread to go with this delicious beef stew. I usually have to make a double batch of the cornbread or we will run out in my house.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cubes beef bouillon, crumbled
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (I like to use red potatoes and I use about 6-7 medium size ones)
- 4 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- In a large pot or dutch oven, cook beef in oil over medium heat until brown.
- Dissolve bouillon in water and pour into pot.
- Stir in rosemary, parsley and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Stir potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion into the pot.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 2 teaspoons cold water and stir into stew.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour more.
- If you want it thicker – take the lid off and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to check out these other Soup/Stew recipes: