Peppermint Hot Chocolate is my hubby’s favorite of the season! He loves everything peppermint at this time of year and hot chocolate is no exception. Over the weekend we had some very cold weather and snow so it was a perfect time to make a pot of this delicious and creamy peppermint hot chocolate.
In the recipe it calls for peppermint oil and I used my doTERRA peppermint essential oil but if you do not have peppermint essential oil you can substitute and use peppermint extract.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1½ cups milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 drops peppermint oil
- Sweetened whipped cream, for garnish
- Chopped candy cane, for garnish
- In a saucepan, combine the cream, milk, sugar, and salt and heat over medium-low heat.
- When the cream mixture just begins to steam, add the chopped chocolate, and stir until melted.
- Stir in the peppermint oil.
- Divide the hot chocolate among mugs and top with whipped cream and chopped candy cane if desired.
Be sure to try these other Peppermint recipes: