Do you love sweet potatoes? I know when i go out to dinner I love to order baked sweet potatoes as my side dish. I love it even more when I can get my potato loaded with all that creamy goodness!
Sweet potatoes were on sale a few weeks ago at Kroger so I stocked up on them and decided to make my own Loaded Baked Sweet Potato. My husband and I thought they were incredibly delicious. I served these scrumptious potatoes along side Crockpot Honey Rosemary Chicken.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean and scrub your sweet potatoes.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place your potatoes on baking sheet.
- If desired you can poke a few holes in your potatoes but it is not necessary.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 1 hour.
- Pull potatoes out of the oven and using a oven mitt, carefully slice the top of the potato and push on both ends to open the potato, repeat on the other potato.
- Place 2 Tbsp brown sugar in each potato.
- Next put 1 Tbsp butter on top of the brown sugar.
- Divide the marshmallows between the two potatoes and place the baking sheet back in the oven.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes until marshmallows are golden (you can also use your broiler and it will only take a minute or two, but be sure to watch as your potatoes can go from being perfect to burnt in a matter of seconds).
- Serve and enjoy!