Slow Cooker Superb Beef Stew is perfect for a cold winter night dinner meal! Everything needed to make this scrumptious dinner recipe I had in my pantry and fridge. The spices, onions and minced garlic really make this crockpot meal pop!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1½ cups beef broth
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 pkg brown gravy mix
- ½ cup water
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- In a ziploc bag mix together the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add meat and shake to coat each piece well (you may need to do in batches).
- Add floured pieces to skillet and brown meat on all sides.
- Place browned meat in crockpot.
- Add chopped onions and garlic to skillet.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until translucent.
- Add to crockpot.
- Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, celery, packet of brown gravy mix and water.
- Cover and cook on Low setting for 8 to 10 hours or on High setting for 4 to 6 hours.
- If you need to thicken up your beef stew, mix 2 tbsp cornstarch with ½ cup water well and stir into crockpot.
- Turn crockpot on High and continue cooking for 30 minutes.
Be sure to try these other hearty Crockpot meals: Yum