We love these easy Crockpot Barbecue Beef Sandwiches. This is such a simple dinner recipe. It is a really filling and hearty meal and perfect for a cool autumn evening. You can serve it with corn on the cob and baked beans. Add additional BBQ sauce of your choice on the side! If you like spice you can add red pepper to give it a kick. This is also a great recipe for holiday break!
They are super delicious and easy to make! This is one of the easiest recipes to make but everyone will think you spent hours making it. It is perfect when you are feeding a large crowd. Place the roast in the crockpot. Add water and your choice of bouillon cubes or add 1 can condensed beef broth, undiluted with your minced or grated onion. Cover and cook on LOW for 9 to 11 hours, until beef is very tender. Next you simply shred the meat with a fork after cooking and retain 1 cup of the juice from cooking. Combine with remaining ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours (or on high 1 1/2 to 2 hrs). Serve over split hamburger buns or dinner rolls. Trust us you will be so glad you tried this recipe.
It is easy to prepare this as a freezer meal. Simply combine your pot roast into a freezer bag with your beef broth and onion. Freeze. Once ready to cook simply thaw in your refrigerator overnight. The next morning place in your slow cooker and follow the recipe.
We hope your family enjoys these crockpot BBQ beef sandwiches as much as we did!
- 3 to 4 pound pot roast chuck roast or other pot roast cut
- 1 cup water with 2 beef bouillon cubes beef base, or granules, or use 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed beef broth
- 2 tablespoons minced or grated onion
- 1 can 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- Place roast in crock pot; add water and bouillon cubes or granules, or add 1 can (approx. 10 3/4 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9 to 11 hours, until beef is very tender.
- Shred meat with a fork after cooking and retain 1 cup of the juice from cooking.
- Combine with remaining ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours (or on high 1 1/2 to 2 hrs).
- Serve over split hamburger buns or dinner rolls.
StockpilingMoms Breakfast Casseroles
Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.