This delicious recipe for Pioneer Woman Chocolate Pie is so good you may eat the whole thing! I did let my family have a couple slices, but I must admit I ate way more than them. It was good and I could not stop!
This is a great recipe for a potluck or baby shower. You can serve it with whipped cream or make Homemade Whipped Cream yourself. Be sure to try Pioneer Woman Chocolate Pie recipe, you will not be disappointed! This Copycat version of the Pioneer Woman Chocolate Pie is simply delicious!
Pioneer Woman Chocolate Pie
- 1 whole pie crust (homemade or store bought) Baked And Cooled
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 large whole egg yolks
- 6 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Whipped Cream - optional
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan; Stir or whisk together.
- Pour in milk and egg yolks, and whisk together.
- Stir over medium heat until the mixture just barely comes to a boil and becomes thick, about 6-8 minutes (maybe less, maybe more; just watch it!).
- The second it starts to bubble and thicken (note: It should be thick like pudding!) remove it from the heat.
- Add the chocolate, vanilla, and butter, and stir until everything is beautifully combined.
- Pour the pudding into the pie crust (if there is extra, spoon it into small dishes) and place in the fridge to chill for 4 hours uncovered.
- Cut into slices and serve with whipped cream!
More Dessert Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.