This post may contain affiliate links.
Goetta Breakfast Casserole is our favorite breakfast recipe for the weekend or holidays! This recipe was passed onto me from my Mother. We are going to serve this on Christmas morning this year. We love to serve the Breakfast Casserole along with French Toast Casserole, so we have a variety!
It can be prepped the night before, to make it easier to cook in the morning. Goetta is a Cincinnati traditional food item. I grew up eating Fried Goetta on the weekends. It brings back childhood memories for me, plus I love it. This casserole is so yummy and my family loves it. Be sure to try Goetta Breakfast Casserole, you will not be disappointed!
Goetta Breakfast Casserole
- Layer in this order in a greased 9x13 pan.
- 2 package biscuits quartered
- 1 pound goetta cooked and drained
- 2 cups colby cheese shredded
- Beat and pour over
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups prepared sausage gravy homemade or prepared from packets
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes for until done.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- You can prepare this the night before and place in the fridge and then bake the next morning.