This post may contain affiliate links.
As we embark on our year long journey to finding physical, mental and financial health, we are going to share one of the first big steps toward gaining control of your health. This week we are going to get you started with one of many options in changing your physical body by giving you the steps for How To Do Weight Watchers For Free. As we set realistic goals for wellness last week, this week we want you to take a step toward getting control of your eating habits. Weight Watchers has become a widely popular method that is loved by many. It’s focus on moderation and easy way to count your food intake makes it a favored option by many.
HOW TO DO WEIGHT WATCHERS FOR FREE
Figure you point allowance: For the sake of consistency, we are going to recommend that you use the more updated Points Plus system as that is what our current Weight Watchers recipes points reflect, as well as future recipes and information here. Points Plus is slightly different because it counts fruits and vegetables in their raw form as zero points.
- All Weight Watchers followers have 49 Bonus/Flex Points per week. These can be used a little each day, or in larger chunks on special days. It is best to use these in small increments throughout the week.
- The minimum number of points per day is 26 and the maximum is 71. Points are figured according to your weight, height and lifestyle (active, sedentary, etc.)
- To figure your recommended daily Weight Watchers points allowance, this points plus allowable calculator is the way to go. This is accurate and the same as what you would use if on the paid program.
Calculate points in your food. Now that you know how many points you need to use each day, it’s time to figure out what points are in your food. There are a few ways to do this.
- You can go the easy way and use a Weight Watchers calculator you have purchased from them.
- You can also simply buy all of the Weight Watchers branded foods that already have the points figured for you.
- The best and most financially sound way to figure is to use this simple Weight Watchers points calculator online. You enter information and it spits out the points for you. Basic, easy and free.
Make healthy food choices. One of the great things about Weight Watchers is the fact that there are no food restrictions. You are not told you can’t have something, you are simply told to account for it in your points each day. The problem is, fueling your body with unhealthy options isn’t going to give you the result you want. Yes, you may lose some weight, but your body will still feel sluggish and either hungry or bloated and uncomfortable. Using all 26 points on burgers and fries every day isn’t really changing your wellness mentality. You really must work to change the way you look at food and work to feed yourself better options more often than bad. Include some of your favorites on occasion, but focus on healthier things the bulk of the time. Knowing how to do Weight Watchers for free will save you the expense of monthly meetings that you can turn over and pay for better healthier food options with instead.
- Eat lean meats like fish, chicken and turkey.
- Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables
- Limit processed packaged foods and choose homemade instead
- Increase low fat dairy
Seek accountability. Whether you join a free online group like Spark People, Facebook groups or Google+ Circles, or you join with some local friends to hold you accountable this is a key step. You don’t have to pay a monthly fee to find accountability with friends, family or even strangers online. Being accountable for your weekly success can help you stay on track and make this not just a beginning, but a life long change for good.
As you continue this year long journey to physical, mental and financial health, focusing on your health is going to be one of the big goals you have. Without good health, you cannot begin to have good financial or mental health. This week as you learn how to do Weight Watchers for free, we hope you are able to refocus and step forward with goals in mind that you feel you can succeed with.