Paula Deen’s Peach & Cinnamon Cobbler looks amazing! I love peach cobbler! It is one of my favorite summer recipes with a side of vanilla ice-cream.
Peach & Cinnamon Cobbler
- Butter for coating dish
- 6 cups peaches halved, pitted, and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose ß our plus additional
- for dusting
- 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 2/3 cup heavy cream plus additional for brushing
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 2 1/2-quart baking dish. In a medium bowl, stir together the filling ingredients. Pour filling into the prepared dish; set aside.
- For the topping, in a food processor or large bowl, pulse or whisk together the 1 2/3 cups flour, the sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pulse or cut in the butter until the
- mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Slowly add the 2/3 cup cream, mixing until the dough just comes together. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat together. Form the dough into 2-inch balls. Flatten balls gently with the palm of your hand.
- Evenly arrange the dough rounds on top of the filling. Brush a little cream over the rounds. Bake about 1 hour or until the biscuits are golden and the filling is bubbling.
Thanks Paula Deen for the image and recipe.
Be sure to follow Stockpiling Moms on Pinterest for more inspiration!
If you like this recipe you may also like: