I do not think of making Oatmeal Raisin Cookies because the kids don't like them, but I love them! While looking for the perfect recipe, I came across Paula Deen Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. The same kids that swore they hated Oatmeal Raisin Cookies were the ones I had to fight for the last cookie! Just Joking, there were no fights but I did hide the last one!
First, you look for the perfect recipe! I found that in this Paula Deen Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe. Second, I searched the pantry and found everything I needed. I love when I have everything on hand and don't have to make a trip to the grocery store. This recipe is really easy to follow and they turn out amazing! If you are looking for the best Oatmeal cookie recipe, this is it!
Paula Deen Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 c Chopped Pecans
- 1 c Raisins
- 2 sticks Butter at room temperature
- 1 c Brown Sugar packed
- 1/2 c Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 c Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 c Uncooked old-fashion rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Like a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the pecans and raisins, then microwave for 90 seconds. Allow the raisins and pecans to sit on the counter for about 10 minutes. Drain the raisins and pecans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and the sugars and beat with an electric mixer until very creamy. Add the vanilla extract and eggs, and beat again until mixed.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add it to the butter mixture. Add the oats, raisins and pecans. Mix together.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of batter onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving room for cookies to spread.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet for about 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
MORE DESSERT RECIPES
Our Favorite Paula Deen Recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.