The struggle is real to find delicious snacks while trying to eat healthy. Quick and Easy Baked Apples have been a snack I have turned to because I feel like I am eating dessert. Dessert is something that has always been a temptation for me. With this recipe I have been able to fulfill my dessert craving and still stay with healthy eating.
When you fix a dessert do you feel like you have to make something big? Do you make something for yourself and it is too much for just you? This recipe is your solution. I have made one apple and I have made enough for the whole family. You don't have to worry about portioning when you can cut it down to just one. Quick and Easy Baked Apples are the perfect snack for everyone.
I know there will be a lot of people saying I should not use Spendia. Well, I usually don't but I find when I am baking something it tastes better. I have found if you want to replace granulated sweetener with a liquid one, like stevia, you have to add more of the other ingredients to soak it up. I have never been able to work out a proper balance and get the same taste. This is why I have used Spendia in this recipe, plus the fact I found it in a Spendia cookbook.
- 6 Granny Smith Apples
- 1 C Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Margarine
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees.
- Wash and Core Apples. When I core the apples I leave the bottom attached. I break off the core about a half inch above the bottom of the apple. This helps the apple stay together.
- Place in a 9X13 inch baking pan.
- Mix the cinnamon and Splenda together.
- Fill each apple with the mixture and top with a generous dot of margarine.
- Cover with aluminum foil and baked for 45 to 50 minutes, or until apples are slightly soft.
Check out the other amazing snacks we have on StockpilingMoms!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.