Check out this Upcycled Christmas Frame for gift giving this Christmas. So easy to make and inexpensive too! The perfect gift with this easy craft. I love making simple and cheap decorations, and this Upcycled Christmas Frame is a perfect example. So easy to make, inexpensive, and beautiful addition to your holiday decor. I love that this is one kids can help make and that it could easily be used as a gift!
Upcycled Christmas Frame Craft
I keep most of these supplies on hand already in my craft room, but if not, you can pick them up online at Amazon, at Michael’s, or Hobby Lobby. I have even found many of these at my local Dollar Tree or Dollar General. So, no excuse for not having affordable options to create fun decor! This is a great example of how to make a beautiful addition to your home for the holiday season.
Variations on a Christmas Frame
For this craft, you can truly personalize it however you want. It’s so easy to make this a beautiful addition to your holiday decor. Below are some ideas you could use to make it different but still holiday-themed and beautiful.
- Paint the frame gold or silver and add bells to the pom pom clusters
- Paint black and red stripes for a rustic plaid look
- Add a variety of small embellishments like stars, ornaments, glitter, fake snow, or even mistletoe
Have fun making this and share with your friends as a beautiful gift!
- Wooden Frame (I found this at Michael’s)
- White craft paint
- White and green pom poms
- Craft paper or small image you want to display in the frame
- Craft glue
- A paint brush
How to Make an Upcycled Christmas Frame
For this craft, you will begin by painting your frame white. I like to lay down plenty of newspaper so no paint gets on my table or floor.
Once the paint has dried on the frame, you will use craft glue to secure your pom pom clusters. I used various shades of green and different textures for a rustic look.
Once the pom poms are secure on the frame, you can add any holiday image or cut out a piece of craft paper into a tree shape, as I did and glue it in place.
More Christmas Crafts
- Rustic Deer Mason Jar Ornament
- Easy Decoupage Christmas Ornament
- DIY Hot Cocoa Gift Bag
- How to Make a Snowman Candy Flower Pot Gift
- DIY Reindeer Pudding Cups