I love making unique ornaments, and this Easy Decoupage Ornament Craft is another one you will love! This is super simple and cute for that country Christmas theme tree! It's also simple enough that kids can help you make it in just minutes!
Easy Decoupage Ornament Craft
I love using very simple items for ornaments. I think they give it a much more authentic look. Mod Podge is a great way to seal ornaments like this and make them fun to create. All of the supplies can be found easily at a craft store, but you may be like me and already have them in your craft bin at home!
Supplies for Decoupage Ornament
- cardboard ornament base (these can be found at Hobby Lobby or most craft stores)
- holiday scrapbook paper of choice
- Mod Podge or clear craft glue
- paint brush
- mini bottle brush tree (found at most craft stores)
- hot glue, glue gun
Directions for Decoupage Ornament
1. Begin by placing the ornament base on the piece of scrapbook paper. Use the pen to trace the outline of the ornament.
2. Cut the circle out of the scrapbook paper. It should be the exact size of the cardboard base since you used it as a stencil.
3. Add a thin layer of Mod Podge over the front of the ornament. Press the piece of scrapbook paper to the ornament. Run your fingers over the paper to smooth out wrinkles and bubbles.
4. Trim off any remaining edges of paper so your edges are clean.
5. Add a top layer of Mod Podge to the paper. Make sure it is thin and smooth. Allow to dry.
6. Apply a generous amount of hot glue to the back side of the mini tree. Press it to the front of the ornament. Hold in place until dry.
Your easy decoupage ornament craft is now ready to be displayed. It's a perfect way to add some fun to your tree inexpensively this year. You can add your favorite colors, or even dye the bottle brush trees different colors if you prefer. There is no end to how unique you can make a decoupage ornament like this one.
More Christmas Ornament Ideas
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.