This post may contain affiliate links.
With the holidays almost here, it’s time to add some unique fun ideas for the holiday tree. This Rustic Deer Ornament Idea is simple, inexpensive, and fun to make. I love adding a few homemade decorations to our tree every year. It adds a flare of our personalities, and it gives me a way to track how we’ve changed through the years.
Rustic Deer Ornament Idea
A few scrap items you probably have lying around the house make this a cheap option. You won’t need to buy many supplies, but you could buy several of the wood cut outs and make a whole series of these to give as gifts to those who love to hunt. It’s also a fun way to use up scrap fabric and twine.
1. Begin by placing the mason jar lid on the fabric scrap. Use it as a stencil and trace around it with the pen.
2. Cut out the circle, which should now fit inside the mason jar lid perfectly. Add a dab of glue to the secure the plaid fabric to the lid. Allow the glue to dry.
3. Add a generous amount of hot glue to the back of the deer cut out or wood cut out of your choice. Press it to the front of the mason jar lid. Hold in place until secure.
4. Once all pieces are dry, create a loop with some twine. Add some hot glue and press it to the top back of the mason jar lid.
5. Your rustic plaid ornament craft is now ready to be displayed on your tree!
More Christmas Ideas
I am all about making our home an oasis during the holidays. Decorating, giving gifts, and welcoming others into our home is something that brings me joy. That’s why I love sharing some of my favorite ideas with you! Below you’ll find some of our favorite decorations and party ideas to help make your holiday even better!
- DIY Yarn Wrapped Tree
- Christmas DIY Kitchen Decoration Idea
- How to Build a DIY Christmas Village Stand
- Gift Card Christmas Wreath Idea
- Grinch Christmas Tree Ornament
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas Party Idea
Christmas Recipes You’ll Love
Along with all of the fun decorations and party planning during the holidays, you need a great menu. Below are some of our all-time favorite and most popular recipes for the Christmas season. You can plan an event or just feed your family delicious food following this list!
- Christmas Chow Recipe
- Christmas Crinkle Cookies
- Christmas Crack Recipe
- Christmas Morning Breakfast Recipes
- Christmas Pinwheels
- 15 Last Minute Recipes for Christmas Dinner
- Easy Christmas Bark Recipe
- Gluten Free Christmas Dinner
- 20 Best Christmas Cookies Recipes