No-Bake Cereal Bars are a great recipe to use for children. Not only do they love to eat them but it is fun for them to join in on making them too! Remember if you like this recipe then “Pin It” – it is a great way to bookmark recipes that you want to make later!
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1¼ cups peanut butter
- 6 cups Cheerios cereal
- 1 bag (12oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Lightly butter 13×9 inch pan.
- Heat corn syrup and sugar to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. (I use a dutch oven) Cook until sugar is completely dissolved; remove from heat.
- Add 1 cup of the peanut butter; stir until smooth.
- Add cereal; mix well!
- Immediately press in buttered pan.
- Melt chocolate in saucepan over low heat. Stir in remaining ¼ cup peanut butter, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over the bars.
- Place in the refrigerator about 30 minutes or cool completely at room temperature. Chocolate needs to be set.
- Cut and enjoy!!!