If you are looking for a delicious and healthy dessert idea we have the perfect suggestion for you. Apple Nachos are not only low carb but also naturally gluten free! Just be sure you use gluten free ingredients. If you want to make this recipe low-carb then be sure to use Walden Farms products and I suggest that you use Enjoy Life mini dark chocolate chips!
My friend Jamie made this dessert for a girls night and we all fell in love. It is so easy to make with pre-sliced Granny Smith apples too!
Yield 6 -8
- 4 Medium tart apples, peeled and cut into 1/4 in slices (we like Granny Smith)
- Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet Chocolate Chips - we used Enjoy Life Dairy Free dark chocolate chips
- Caramel Topping (we used Walden Farms Low Carb and Gluten Free topping)
- optional, toasted coconut, sliced almonds
- Cut apples and soak in lemon juice (you can skip this step if you used pre-sliced bagged apple slices)
- Arrange apple slices on a large platter or 9 13 dish.
- Drizzle with caramel.
- Sprinkle with peanuts, chocolate chips and coconut
- Serve immediately.