Johnsonville PigTails & Fries
Recipe type: Main
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen curly French fries
- 1 package (13.5-16 ounces) Johnsonville® smoked sausage (Polish, New Orleans, Smoked Turkey, BOLD Beef Hot Links or Beef Franks).
- Oil for deep-fat frying – or you can bake
- Cut sausage links in half lengthwise. Cut each half into three long strips.
- To Fry: In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°F. Fry French fries in batches for 3-6 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Place sausage strips in a single layer in fryer basket. Fry for about 1 minute or until they curl. Drain on paper towels. Serve with fries.
- To Bake: Spread fries in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 450°F for 17-20 minutes, turning once. Arrange sausage strips in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 450°F for 12-14 minutes or until they curl. Serve with fries.