Blackberry Cobbler is one of my Dad’s favorite recipes. It looks so easy to make too! I like to serve it with vanilla ice-cream of course!
Source: Melissa Jennings
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups white sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups fresh blackberries, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in ¼ cup boiling water just until mixture is evenly moist.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in cold water.
- Mix in remaining 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, and blackberries.
- Transfer to a cast iron skillet, and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Drop dough into the skillet by spoonfuls.
- Place skillet on the foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until dough is golden brown.