Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies were a HUGE success with everyone at my house! They are very moist and full of flavor. They are almost like brownies in the batter form but they bake up light and crispy.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ⅔ cup unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp salt (pinch)
- 2 to 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set aside 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
- Whisk in the vanilla and egg whites starting with just two egg whites.
- Beat just until the batter is moistened. You're looking for a brownie-like, thick and fudgey batter consistency.
- If it seems too thick, add another egg white - then a 4th one if it seems still too thick.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter by the tablespoon full onto the prepared baking sheets. Leave enough space between each cookie for them to spread.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the tops are glossy and lightly cracked.
- Let the cookies cool completely on baking sheet and store in airtight container for up to 3 days.