Paula Deen’s Peach Cobbler leaves your mouth wanting more and more. This delicious cobbler was gone within 20 minutes of setting it out! Everyone raved about how tasty and scrumptious it was. For me I loved how easy this recipe was to make and that I had all the ingredients on hand to make. While the peach cobbler was cooking in the oven my tummy was growling just from the aroma!
I served some Homemade Whipped Cream with my cobbler but you don’t have too.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 4 cups peeled, sliced peaches
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- ½ cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1½ cups self-rising flour
- 1½ cups milk
- Ground cinnamon, optional (I did use cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Put the butter in a 3-quart baking dish and place in oven to melt.
- Mix remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk slowly to prevent clumping.
- Pour mixture over melted butter.
- Do not stir.
- Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup.
- Sprinkle top with ground cinnamon, if using.
- Batter will rise to top during baking.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
Paula Deen Recipes: