With cooler temperatures come plenty of soups, stews and chili cooked all day in our slow cookers and alongside those yummy meals we typically serve cornbread. This Low Fat Old Fashioned Cornbread recipe takes all the flavors I loved as a child and reinvents them to become a simple and low fat version that won’t put me over my calorie or point allowance but will satisfy that craving when I ladle myself a big bowl of soup. Each serving is only 1 ½ Weight Watcher Points and falls into line perfectly in my daily allowance.
This is an excellent base for your traditional cornbread dressing or stuffing for the holiday turkey meals. This cornbread may be cut into squares, wrapped well in plastic wrap and stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- 2 Cups Yellow Cornmeal (All Purpose)
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Can Creamed Corn
- ½ Cup Fat Free Sour Cream
- 3 Egg Whites
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together until thick batter forms.
- Pour into pre-sprayed 9x13 casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Makes 20 servings at 1 ½ Weight Watchers Points Each.
Weight Watchers Recipes:
[catlist name=weight-watchers orderby=title order=asc numberposts=-1 thumbnail=yes thumbnail_size=thumbnail]
Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:
Ways to save at the store:
- Weekly Deals at Kroger
Follow Stockpiling Moms: