Paula Deen’s Crockpot Potato Soup is perfect for a cold winter’s day. This soup will warm you up and is one of the best comfort soups that I’ve had in a long time. It is also very easy to throw all the ingredients in the crockpot and let it slow cook all day.
Best part of this soup recipe is you only need 5 ingredients plus salt and pepper! I had all of the ingredients in my home and only needed to add the southern style hashbrowns to my weekly grocery list.
Did you know that you can freeze cream cheese? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Cream Cheese to find out how!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 1 30oz bag of frozen southern style hash-brown potatoes – squares
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cans of chicken broth (14.5 oz each)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 package Cream Cheese (softened)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients except for the cream cheese and shredded cheese.
- Mix well and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Add the cream cheese and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir well until soup is smooth.
- Spoon into bowls and add shredded cheese to the top if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to try these other delicious Paula Deen recipes: