Gluten Free Chocolate Citrus Bars is a delicious dessert and so moist! I love adding a little citrus to chocolate. It is a great dessert option and I love the walnuts too! A wonderful pairing of orange and chocolate makes for a delicious treat!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Gluten Free Chocolate Citrus Bars
Yield 16 -24
A wonderful pairing of orange and chocolate makes for a delicious treat!
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp orange peel, grated
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups baking cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x13 baking pan.
- In large mixer bowl, beat shortening, sugars and eggs until light and fluffy. Add orange peel and vanilla; blend well.
- Stir in flours, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in chopped apricots, walnuts, and baking cocoa.
- Spread mixture into greased pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, then cut into bars.
This recipe is inspired by "California Chocolate Bars" in Hershey's Chocolate Lover's Cookbook.
Courses Gluten Free