Classic Potato Salad is one of my favorite foods to eat and it is naturally gluten free too 🙂 It is a favorite recipe to make for family gatherings, picnics and potlucks. This is the same recipe that my Granny always used so of course it brings many memories when I eat it.
Classic Potato Salad
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 TBSP prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles - or pickle relish
- 6 hard cooked eggs
- 1/3 cup green pepper - optional
- 1/3 cup celery - optional
- sweet pickle juice
- Peel and cut potatoes into chunks.
- Boil potatoes, drain well.
- Allow potatoes to cool slightly.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper.
- Stir in onion and pickles.
- Add potatoes and eggs.
- Toss to coat.
- Add enough pickle juice for desired consistency.
- Cover and chill for 6 to 24 hours.
- Garnish with hard boiled egg slices or paprika.