This post may contain affiliate links.
Classic Potato Salad is one of my favorite foods to eat and it is naturally gluten free too. It is a favorite recipe to make for family gatherings, picnics and potlucks. This is the same recipe that my Granny always used so of course it brings many memories when I eat it. I love making it because it is comforting and reminds me of her. It is the perfect side dish for summer picnics and BBQ’s. She always made it with her fried chicken and at our family fish fry’s.
Classic Potato Salad
This is my Granny's Classic Potato Salad Recipe. It is the best I have ever had. I love making it because it is comforting and reminds me of her.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 TBSP prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles - or pickle relish
- 6 large hard cooked eggs
- 1/3 cup green pepper - optional
- 1/3 cup celery - optional
- sweet pickle juice
- Peel and cut potatoes into chunks.
- Boil potatoes, drain well.
- Allow potatoes to cool slightly.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper.
- Stir in onion and pickles.
- Add potatoes and eggs.
- Toss to coat.
- Add enough pickle juice for desired consistency.
- Cover and chill for 6 to 24 hours.
- Garnish with hard boiled egg slices or paprika.