This scrumptious Crockpot Black Bean Fajitas Recipe recipe is also a great freezer meal! I prepared this meal in an afternoon when doing twenty crockpot freezer meals for my family’s dinners. With end of the school year activities in full swing and summer break coming, I wanted to make a bunch of prep ahead meals that I could make for my family. This is one of the 20 Slow Cooker Freezer Meals in 4 Hours Plan. This is a yummy vegetarian slow cooker meal!
So I got busy finding and creating recipes so I could take an afternoon and have meals ready to go for my family. This vegan crockpot recipe was a huge hit with my family so far out of all the slow cooker meals we have tried. I served the Black Bean Fajitas on tortillas with sour cream, shredded lettuce and cheese for my boys and I enjoyed it on a bed of streamed white rice. You could also serve it with a tortilla as a traditional fajita too!
Crockpot Black Bean Fajitas Recipe is so good and it’s an easy freeze slow cooker supper that everyone will love. My whole family loved this complete crockpot dinner meal and they want me to make it again soon! I was surprised because they are normally fans of protein but the black beans are a great way to stretch your family budget. Be sure to make this crockpot freezer meal, you will not be disappointed. This is also naturally gluten free.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. I hope your family enjoys this Crockpot Black Bean Fajitas Recipe as much as mine did!
Crockpot Black Bean Fajitas Recipe
- 3 peppers, sliced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp honey (optional sub agave or coconut nectar or maple syrup for honey)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Place all ingredients in a freezer bag.
- Mix to evenly distribute.
- Flatten and store in freezer.
- When ready to cook, defrost in fridge overnight.
- Place in slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve on tortillas and top with lettuce and shredded cheese.
If desired you can sub agave or coconut nectar or maple syrup for honey.