Shrimp Stuffed Green Peppers is a great twist to the traditional green stuffed pepper. I love shrimp so mixing it with the green pepper was a great idea. I think this would be a great way to change up the pace of the traditional ground meat stuffed peppers. Perfect when you find a deal on shrimp too! Shrimp Stuffed Green Peppers have a great flavor and are perfect for Lent.
Shrimp Green Peppers
Shrimp Stuffed Green Peppers have a great flavor and are perfect for Lent.
- 3 large green bell peppers
- 2-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups (8 oz) peeled shrimp
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup each finely chopped onions and celery
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno peppers
- 2-1/2 tbsp melted butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ tbsp BKW Cajun Rub
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- Cut the peppers in half-lengthwise, remove seeds and membranes.
- Cook in boiling salted water 2 to 3 minutes. Drain.
- Combine rice, shrimp, egg, onions, celery, jalapeno peppers, 2 tbsp butter, lemon juice, and ½ tbsp Cajun Rub.
- Fill pepper halves with rice mixtures.
- Combine breadcrumbs and remaining Cajun Rub with remaining butter.
- Sprinkle over peppers.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Makes 6 servings.