My favorite summer sandwich is the Bacon Tomato and Mayonnaise Sandwich. It is NOT officially summer until I eat my first BTM - I honestly leave the "Lettuce" out on purpose. For some love the BLT but for me I prefer this simple combination. Anyway, I was super excited when we got our first ripe tomato and it went to good use today 🙂 I like to cook my bacon in the oven because it reduces the fat and the clean up.
This version is 100% Gluten Free too! You can easily make your BTM gluten free when you use gluten free bread and bacon. This is my go to summer sandwich that is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. With a huge garden fresh mater you can't go wrong with this combination. I like to personally use Hellman's mayonnaise but you can use whatever brand you prefer.
In my opinion there is no easier way to cook your bacon that in the oven. This is a great method because you can drain all of the excess fat while it cooks and it makes a nice crispy bacon every time.
Bacon, Tomato and Mayonnaise Sandwich
- 2 slices of bread your choice (I chose gluten free)
- 1 tbsp Hellmann's Mayonnaise - 100% gluten free
- 1 slice ripe tomato - fresh from the garden
- 3 slices of bacon - I like oscar mayer selects - without nitrates or nitrites
- Cook bacon until crisp - I like to bake mine
- Toast Bacon
- Add mayonnaise to both slices of bread (or only 1 if you prefer)
- Add 3 slices of bacon
- Add sliced tomato
- Top with slice of bread