My sweet friend Mikaela made this gluten free chocolate chip banana bread for me. It was such a sweet surprise to have a text message that said go outside to your porch and to see this loaf of bread on the stoop. The girls drove off waving and honking that they loved and missed me. It was such a thoughtful gesture and much needed. I loved the addition of the oats to this recipe. It was really filling. I actually ate a piece immediately and it sustained me for several hours that night and I didn't need to eat dinner. I think this would be a perfect breakfast recipe.
If you are looking for hearty banana bread, Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is perfect. The maple syrup instead of sugar is another thing that I love. I would use natural maple syrup if I was making it. You could easily wrap this up and gift it to someone to brighten their day and encourage them. If you trying to plan a breakfast or a brunch menu for someone with Celiac disease this is the perfect choice. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Thanks to my Morgan girls for always thinking of me. I miss spending time together but my heart is touched that are thinking about me. I hope that others will pay it forward like you did. This is a keeper! The bread was moist and delicious. Perfect to enjoy with a cup of tea on the back porch.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 3 whole ripe bananas
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup Gluten Free Flour (we love King Arthur)
- 1 cup oats (we love King Arthur)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ TBSP cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Add about ½ cup chocolate chips to the mixture by gently stirring.
- Lightly flour and grease the loaf pan.
- Add mixture to the pan.
- Bake about 45-50 minutes or until done. Test with a toothpick until it comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Gluten Free Recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!