Gluten Free Lemon Dijon Shrimp Pasta is a light, tasty shrimp pasta dish. I love shrimp - it is one of my favorite foods. It is not something that I eat on a weekly basis but I do love it for a special treat or when I find it on sale. I personally love to use rice pasta with this recipe. You do have to be sure not to over cook it but it is really tasty in my opinion. Gluten Free Lemon Dijon Shrimp Pasta is so tasty and perfect for Lent.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Gluten-Free Dijon Mustard
- 5 minced garlic cloves divided
- 8 oz. Gluten Free fettuccine-style pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon ghee divided
- 1 ½ lbs medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup snipped fresh chives if desired
- To make vinaigrette sauce: combine ¼ cup olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and 1 of the minced garlic cloves; mix thoroughly.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Heat half of the 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon ghee in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add remaining garlic.
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt and red pepper flakes. Add ½ shrimp to oil and ghee mixture and cook 2-3 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer to a platter and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil, ghee and shrimp.
- Return first batch of shrimp to pan and warm thoroughly. Add vinaigrette sauce and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Immediately toss together pasta, shrimp mixture and chives in a large serving bowl. Serve immediately.
Other Seafood Recipes You May Enjoy:
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.