We love pizza! This is a great alternative to pizza night. Gluten Free Upside Down Pizza Bake is a new dairy free twist on pizza night! It is also a Paleo friendly meal! Our family loves it!
Weight Watchers Points Plus =8 Points
Gluten-Free Upside Down Pizza Bake
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 1/3 cup tomato juice
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 5 egg whites
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup coconut milk from a carton, not a can
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium heat.
- Remove skillet from heat and drain excess fat.
- Add tomato juice to the skillet and mix well with beef and onion.
- Pour mixture evenly into a 13x9 inch pan.
- Combine egg whites, coconut milk, coconut flour, and salt in a mixing bowl; mix well. Pour over the meat and spread around to cover evenly.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, or until crust is a light golden brown.
Inspired by the recipe, Popover Pizza, in "Healthy Meals for Less" by Jonni McCoy.
Gluten Free Recipes:
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.