Do you want chicken that has a taste that will leave you wanting more and more? If so then you need to make this scrumptious One Hour Cast Iron Skillet Chicken recipe! I promise you will love the taste and want to make it again.
This super easy recipe only requires 4 ingredients and a cast iron skillet. I love cooking in my cast iron skillet and I really love that this chicken gets done in only an hour! Start off with a clean chicken in a shallow pan. Simply pour melted butter over the chicken and sprinkle on seasoning. Next you carefully place the chicken in the preheated cast iron skillet that's in the oven and let it cook for 45 minutes or until it's done.
Let it rest for about 15-20 minutes and it's ready to serve. Yes it really is that simple and if you are a multi-tasker like me I had my rolls ready and they went in the oven when the chicken came out. That way they could bake while the chicken was resting.
This is a a delicious low carb recipe that the entire family will love. It is the perfect recipe to serve for family dinners! It is Keto Friendly and naturally gluten free.
One Hour Cast Iron Skillet Chicken recipe is easy and simple! Only 4 ingredients needed! Trust me you will be glad you tried this one!
- 1 whole chicken 5-5 1/2 lbs
- 4 T melted butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 T all-purpose steak seasoning I used McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
- cast iron skillet
- Place cast iron skillet in oven and preheat to 450 degrees.
- Place clean chicken into shallow dish.
- Pour melted butter over chicken and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Carefully place chicken into hot cast iron skillet.
- Roast chicken at 450 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest for 15-20 minutes for before carving and serving.
Popular Chicken Recipes
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.