If you are looking for a delicious freezer meal this is it! Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches are an easy freezer recipe the whole family will love! This is our go-to dinner for busy nights. It is so simple to prepare. Place the chicken breasts into a slow cooker, pour in wing sauce, add Ranch packet, and sliced celery (you can always use celery seed). Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. Yes, it is that simple! Once the chicken has cooked add the butter and shred the meat finely with two forks. You can also shred it with this simple method using your kitchen aid stand mixer.
When you are ready to eat pile the meat onto the buns and add lettuce to serve. If you are eating low carb simply serve this on a bed of lettuce with some ranch dressing. Trust us you will never miss the bun. This is an easy freezer recipe the whole family will love! I like to serve these with homemade sweet potato fries.
When prepping for a freezer meal simply combine the boneless chicken breast, wing sauce, dry ranch packet and celery and freeze. When you are ready to prepare simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight and place into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. Once the chicken has cooked add the butter and shred the meat. It is oh so good and oh so easy. Just a simple dump and go recipe. We hope you enjoy this slow cooker buffalo chicken sandwich recipe as much as we do. It is perfect for tailgating or game day! You can easily double this recipe to serve a large crowd.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 17.5 fluid ounce bottle buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 1 ounce package dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 medium celery stalks sliced or use 1 tsp. celery seed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 hamburger buns
- 1 bag shredded lettuce
- Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing optional
- Place the chicken breasts into a slow cooker, pour in wing sauce, add Ranch packet, and sliced celery.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Once the chicken has cooked, add the butter, and shred the meat finely with two forks.
- Pile the meat onto the buns and add lettuce to serve.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing (optional)
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.